Welcome to HSBC UK Cyclo-Cross National Championships event organised by Hetton Hawks CC.
The below contains useful information for the Saturday and Sunday
HETTON LYONS PARK
Hetton Lyons Country Park is home to Hetton Hawks CC. Please be aware this is a public park and not for sole use of the event. Please be considerate to all park users during your visit.
There is a designated ‘Race Car Park’ which is clearly signposted and marshalled for over 500 vehicles. Please help us by parking tightly and don’t try to convince our marshals that you MUST park in the event village. We are keeping this free for any exhibitors or disabled access. Thank you.
There no overnight parking in Hetton Lyons park, but overnight parking for motorhomes and camper-vans is being provided in a secure facility just 500 yards away. Contact and booking details are here
IMPORTANT SITE RULEs
- Please park in the designated Event Car Park
- Please keep toilet and shower rooms clean. No muddy boots or washing kit.
- No bike washing or jet-washers in the Car Park. Please clean bikes in the jet wash area, no washing of bikes in any other areas to protect the fields and the lake.
- Course practice available only after approval from Race Commissaire, estimated 14:00-16:00 on Friday.
- Practice only allowed during official practice sessions
- There is no overnight parking in the park but is available at N.E.T.S. by clicking here
- Please wear a helmet at all times when riding in the park and dismount where pedestrians are.
- Due to the risk assessment of the sanctioning council we are unable to allow the use of ezi-ups for anybody other than the event village and specific event team, all of which will be signed off by the event safety officer on site. We must respect the wishes of the council throughout the event to protect not just both days racing, but future events in the park and will be asking that teams don’t bring them or try to convince the marshals on the day that theirs is special!
All entrants must sign-on before being allowed to compete. A valid racing licence must be presented at sign on.
- You will receive a body number, which must be pinned to the LEFT side of the lower back
- An arm number, to be pinned to the front of the LEFT arm.
Please bring your own safety pins for affixing body and arm numbers – four for each number. We’ve given away thousands of safety pins over the years and there must be large colonies lurking at the bottom of kit bags.
Each rider is permitted one accredited helper in the equipment pit (two, if needed, for the Elite/U23 Men’s, Junior Men’s and Elite & Junior Women’s categories).
A helper needs to have the correct wristband to gain access to the pit area. These should be picked up at sign-on.
Please note that these are valid for one race only; there are no full weekend pit passes.
We will be using transponder timing for all categories. Transponders will be issued at sign-on and should be attached to the ankle using the strap provided. Please remember to return the transponder after the race.
- Rapha Cafe
- Colin Gardiner Coffee
- Big Bobble Hat
- Codrephenia fish and Chips
- Scream for Pizza
- Flairy Cakes
- Podium Catering – Taco’s
- Hog Roast
THANK YOU & SPONSORS
This event is made possible by the great volunteering work from Hetton Hawks CC & the entire CXNE Community. Sponsors for the event include:
- All the Volunteers from Hetton Hawks & wider CXNE Community
- Scott Bikes
- Blumilk Branding and Design
- Nordstrom Timber
- Dragonfly Florists
- Gee Dee Drainage